Ola! After 5 years, I've abandoned this blog. If you want more, go to boscoh.com

9.08.2005

Runaway email

Two secretaries in a Sydney law firm got sacked, after a flamewar started over a missing ham sandwich.

Ms Nugent writes a group email, "Yesterday I put my lunch in the fridge on level 19 which included a packet of ham, some cheese slices and two slices of bread which was going to be for my lunch today. Overnight it has gone missing and as I have no spare money to buy another lunch today, I would appreciate being reimbursed for it."

Melinda Bird replies that Ms Nugent had probably left her lunch on a different floor.

Ms Nugent taunts Ms Bird for being blonde.

Ms Bird responds, "Being a brunette doesn't mean you're smart, though."

Ms Nugent e-mails co-worker: "Let's not get personal, Miss Can't-Keep-A-Boyfriend."

Flame-war escalates.

Email exchange is forwarded to other colleagues at the firm (Allens Arthur Robinson).

Email is then forwarded to other offices in Sydney, including Westpac, Deloitte, Macquarie Bank, and JP Morgan. As one on-looker remarks, "This is magic. You can't script this sort of thing."

Ms. Bird and Ms. Nugent are fired.

Update: Groin's Grab has the complete exchange, with pictures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Based on the previous spam, I think you need to turn on word verification.

Now, the reason I came, you've been named to our "best of" headline for this topic. Click on my name for link (actually it was your blog's name that won us over).