Ola! After 5 years, I've abandoned this blog. If you want more, go to boscoh.com

1.24.2007

Tea-time #341

I look into my cup of tea
And see some people swimming
I swirl my cup
Making waves and minor storms
I look carefully and see
That they are mostly accountants
Treading tea in pin-striped suits
Some are frightened, others just smile
And wave
I wave back
If they could they would advise me
Of fantastic opportunities
I could invest in the toaster
For example
After a time my thirst takes hold
I raise the cup to my lips
Surprised, I see that some
Are hanging onto the rim
But undeterred I take a sip
The liquid swirls around the accountants
As they wash down my throat and
I barely notice them
Like the 37th decimal place of π
I feel the tea slide
Some of the accountants no doubt will try to
Abseil back up my windpipes
But that would be as futile
As filling in a tax return

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice final draft. Enjoy the abseiling, and the almost-simile "Like the 37th decimal place of π // I feel the tea slide", more than ever.